Sunday, September 11, 2005

Cereal Toys :) !!!! :(

As I was pouring myself a bowl of breakfast this morning, something odd came out of the box. At first I was confused, then I realized that there was some sort of publicity advertisement on the bottom of the box, promising a "prize" of sorts in the box of cereal.

I looked at the toy, looked at the box, and cried a little for the past. I'm old. How in God's name did I reach a point in my life where I managed to purchase and consume an entire box of cereal without realizing there was a toy inside? 15 years ago I would've been all over a Shark Tale video game, no matter how crappy the LCD display is. In fact, the offer of a prize at the bottom of the box would've been a significant factor for me in deciding what brand to buy.

I tried to regain some of my lost youth playing it. However I quickly realized that the game was too simple to be enjoyable, and I have no idea what the hell Shark Tale is anyway. So much for that.

In other news, The White Stripes' new cd is fantastic. I didn't realize this, but Jack White did a lot of stuff on the Cold Mountain soundtrack, which is amazing.

Time for my old ass to get back to work. I'm still doing stuff for Prof. X (quite happily might I add), but I havent' done anything for two weeks. I feel bad, but OCI really is sucking away most of my energy and time right now.

3 Comments:

Blogger shell said...

How are you able to work for Prof X while enrolled in another school?

2:29 PM  
Blogger Dagny said...

Thats cool about the cereal toy! I just started eating captain crunch and other kids cereals and think it is hilarious everytime I find the toy! Guess little things make me happy now adays!

4:51 PM  
Blogger Snubligent said...

I'm still in the employment system at the other school, and all my other stuff works there still (e-mail, my intranet password, etc.). All communication between Prof. X and myself can take place via e-mail. We really don't ever need to meet face to face. I feel very blessed to have a job I can do in my robe.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home