Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Delusions of Grandeur

I sit in class sometimes, and I listen to the professor drone one about something law related, and I can't help but think to myself "Damn, I can't believe things worked out the way they did... I can't believe I'm at this school." Then I become overwhelmed by the magnitude of the opportunity I've been given, and the prestige of the school I'm at. Usually at this point I realize that the guy in front of me has been playing poker for the entire lecture, the girl sitting across from me only comes to class on Thursdays, and I can still smell the booze from bar review on the guy to my left. The illusion is quickly shattered, and this becomes just another law school. It's easy to forget that the institution is still comprised of humans... no matter how invincible the name seems to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home