Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Dinner with an Elephant

I think conservatives really get a bad rap. I don't mean their policies, I mean them as people. A lot of liberals seem to assume that right-leaning folk are bitter, greedy, angry, religious nutjobs who hate humanity. However, in my personal experience, I've met about as many bitter, humanity hating liberals as I have conservatives. Conversely, I've met about as many warm friendly conservatives who genuinely care about their fellow man as I have liberals who do the same.

For some reason, I can actually tolerate bitter a-hole conservatives a lot more than I can tolerate bitter a-hole liberals. At least with conservatives the stereotype is that you're a bastard who doesn't care about the earth, old people, or the poor. So when you oblige, it isn't that big a deal... however it's really hard to be a liberal and treat people like crap without coming off as a total hypocrite.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

This was a nice post for me to read. I am a conservative who does not hate poor people, or gay people, or the environment or whatever and yet people constantly generalize and make fun of my political affialiation.

I feel that I am tolerant of other people's beliefs and find it sad that so many people are intolerant of mine.

Thanks again for the post Snubs. Has been a tough last few weeks for me in law school in regard to this issue.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Snubligent said...

No problem dagny. Just remember, most of them aren't evil people either.

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home