Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Motivational Issues

I'm having a tough time keeping my head in the game. I'm at a better school than I ever dreamed I'd be at, and I have a better job than I ever dreamed I'd have lined up for the summer.

What's the point?

What comes next? I feel like I've secured all the gains to be made from working hard in law school, and have no incentive to keep running at breakneck speed. The fact that I know how much money I'll be making this summer really brings home the opportunity costs associated with sitting in school. I just want to finish this and get on with it.

I keep telling myself this. But I feel like there's some switch in my head that will get thrown in a week or so, like I can't consciously choose not to compete, that the same part of me that carried the day last year will show up at the 11th hour and by sheer force of will I'll be ok.

I doubt it. At some point my old tricks will fail me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

I'm sure your competitive spirit will kick in soon and if not, you're smart enought to do well anyways!

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home