Thursday, August 24, 2006

And I'm employed.

I have a job. Not in the "hey come work for us this Summer and we'll see how it goes" way, but the "Hey, we like you, we want you to come back here and work for us permanently" way.

This is, by all accounts, totally sweet while at the same time being pretty awesome.

I loved my firm. I loved the people, I loved the city, I loved the 15 pounds I gained because they wouldn't let me go for more than 2 hours in any day without eating... I liked all of it. Best of all, I liked the fact that the vast majority of the attorneys on any given floor were gone by 6pm every day, and most of them didn't come in until 8am. I also LOVE the fact that they're family friendly. It's a place where you work really hard, but they don't ask for every minute of your life. The pay's a little lower than the major markets (especially after the first few years). But I'm really glad I made this choice, instead of the other one. I know now that I would've hated the other place with a fiery passion.

3 Comments:

Blogger shell said...

Congratulations on your new job! All you have to do now is pass the bar, which I am sure you will do just fine. ;)

11:48 PM  
Blogger Dagny said...

CONGRATS!

8:02 PM  
Blogger CM said...

Yay! Sounds great. All the burritos in the world can't compare to a job you love. (But only because you can't eat them for 10 hours a day.)

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home