Saturday, May 28, 2005

Dinner with My Boss

I had dinner at the boss' house tonight. It went pretty well. I may as well come out and say it, I doubt anyone will ever a) read this or b) be able to put two and two together to figure out who I am. I'm a research assistant for my contracts professor. It is amazing. I love my job. Basically Prof. X gives me something to read, and I go read it, then I think about it, then I tell Prof. X what I think. I get PAID to read and give my opinion on things, and also do some editing grunt work, but even that's enjoyable. The only bad part about my job? Prof. X is brilliant, much more intelligent than I am, and I'm expected to find problems with the various arguments Prof. X is making in his papers. However, this "problem" of being challenged intellectually is hardly anything to complain about, it's certainly better than most of my previous jobs. I haven't really talked about my work experience. To quote Wayne's World "I have an extensive collection of nametags and hairnets." So this job seems really cool to me. Basically all the problems are "good problems" at this job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home