Monday, May 30, 2005

Actually, that was a nice little Memorial Day

That WAS a nice Memorial Day. I went to a friend's house, and we ordered chinese food and ate, then we sat outside and played boules (it's like the French version of Bocce). It was really relaxing. I got to see a few people who I haven't seen all summer. Basically we just sat there, drank beer, and talked about our jobs/summers/relationships and played boules... much like old people. Actually that's a damn fine way of describing it, like a bunch of old people. I guess that's what we all become eventually, middle class suburbanite slobs.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! I just had Chinese food (no cultured events like boule). Does watching "The Simpsons" DVDs count?

12:26 AM  
Blogger Snubligent said...

Well... I wouldn't call our game "cultured," it was played on a greenbelt lawn along the street by an old folks home. 12 packs of natty ice were also involved.

12:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, which school are you transferring to? In the same state or out-of-state? How's your summer job coming along?

12:43 PM  
Blogger Snubligent said...

I don't know *if* I'm transferring yet. I don't have grades, and I haven't applied (the deadline for most schools is July 1, and some of them won't take apps before June 1). If I *do* transfer, it will be to a school in a different state. My summer job is ok... apparently I'm doing well, despite my total lack of direction and utter cluelessness. I like it a lot actually.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home