Thursday, February 23, 2006

Technical Difficulties

Damn this laptop. Apparently it's nearing the end of its lifespan. Imagine if you took a newspaper article, cut a quarter inch strip out of the middle, and glued the two halves back together again (so that a line and a half of text was missing). That's what my screen looks like.

Now I have to figure out what kind of laptop I want to get. I can either get a cheap-o one that will do what I need it to for school, and purchase a desktop this summer... this will cost me about the same as a really NICE laptop (one that is nice enough to play games on). The advantage is that I can defer paying the extra $1400 until the summer if I get the cheap laptop/desktop combo. I could also buy on credit. But I have an irrational aversion to consumer debt. The disadvantage is that I will no longer be able to fit all my earthly possessions into my car (those desktops are big, and need even bigger monitors). In any event, a decision must be made soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home