Sunday, February 05, 2006

Don't Let Me Down

Dear Seattle:

I grew up with your crappy sports teams. It's ok. Really. You were such an awesome city that I didn't mind the fact that the Mariners were perennial cellar-dwellers, except for that one season they actually made it to the ALCS and were shelled by the Yankees... of course I was abroad for the last half of the season, and couldn't watch any of it, and you ultimately lost, but that's ok. I forgave you. I remember the Seahawks... well actually I don't remember the Seahawks winning a playoff game, because I think I was like 9 the last time it happened... That's ok, I forgive you again.

I remember when the Mariners rammed that goddamned stadium down our throats, even though it failed miserably as a referendum (twice if memory serves), and is the reason we now have like a 9% sales tax in King County. I remember the Seahawks showing up not to far behind the Mariners, sticking their hands out for some new stadium action as well. I remember the hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars we poured into your new home.

I grew up there. I paid taxes. My family still lives there. I want results. Just win baby.

1 Comments:

Blogger Legal Quandary said...

Amen to that.

I have to admit to having an uncle who refuses to go to restaurants in King County BECAUSE of the sports stadiums and the resulting "luxury" tax. Good thing for him, he lives in Federal Way.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home