Friday, January 20, 2006

The Good, the Bad, and the Socratic.

Finally! After a month and a half of waiting for my grades, I am rewarded with results. With two out of three districts reporting, the consensus is that I did pretty well. I don't expect the third to be a major outlier, but you never know.

This is such a major relief, because I really needed some kind of validation, something to let me know that I belonged here. Today, I got it.

The only downer today was a horrendous Socratic performance this afternoon. It was one of those situations where I'd read the material for the day, but the Prof called on me first, and asked questions about material from the previous class. I hadn't looked at it for a few days, and I had nothing to respond with when he asked me questions, because I had no idea what he was talking about. Turns out it was one of the note cases, which I always read, but never bother retaining. I sort of had that one coming. It's alright though. I wasn't even all that upset about looking like an idiot. I was actually feeling pretty damn good.

2 Comments:

Blogger shell said...

Grades won't be out until Feb. And I heard that some prof forgot to turn the grades in until it's almost end of Spring Semester.

11:44 PM  
Blogger Snubligent said...

Good God shell... that's just messed up. I would rage against the registrar if that happened here... well, maybe not now... but as a 1L I probably would.

1:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home