Friday, December 08, 2006

Fun with exams.

First of all, I passed the MPRE, so that's good.

Second of all, I took a final today, and that's not so good. At the beginning of the quarter the professor said "this is a difficult class," because "there is a right answer in this course." He said that unlike constitutional law, "you can't fake it" in here. And you know what? He's right. As I moved from issue to issue in the exam I thought "Damn, the code really does provide a single right answer for everything. I have no business taking this class."

I think I dealt with it well though. We all remember that I had a friend who went to my 1L school and then transferred here as well? Well, after the final I offhandedly told her that it was "pretty straightforward" and that I "went home and studied [the last issue on the exam] for about 3 solid hours last night, and I think I really nailed it." No my friend is neurotic as all hell (she didn't get the memo: we're 3Ls with jobs at a top school... it's ok to start phoning this in), and she got a real panicked look, so I told her I was kidding. Then we went and got breakfast.

After that I dicked around on the Internet for about 4 hours while pretending to study, then I slept for 2 hours. Then I ate dinner, then I came home. Then I spent about 2 hours looking through the archives of this blog, now I'm going to bed.

I have two more finals. One on Saturday, one on Monday. I haven't studied at all for either of them. I'm starting to think the reason I did half-way decent as a 2L is because there were lazy jackass 3Ls like me who were content to do nothing and fill out the bottom end of the curve. I'm really taking dead aim at the median and hoping to get there, though that may not happen given my near total lack of preparation and ability to motivate myself.

I feel like I spent 1L clawing my way to the top, then I spent 2L proving to myself that I belonged here. Now I'm spending 3L playing video games and enjoying the fruits of my labor. When I got here my goal was to graduate with a gpa that put me over the hypothetical median here. So far that's happening. If I'm in danger of losing that... then I guess I'll start working harder. Right now I just don't have the motivation to do what is necessary to achiev excellence. Last Spring I busted ass after getting trounced in the Winter... maybe this Winter I'll get mad as hell at the grades I made this Fall and bust ass. Meh. Maybe. I dunno.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha! You are awesome Snubs. I am working my ass off because I didn't prove myself the first year. I should have followed your path! :)
You deserve some fun Snubs. Good luck with the rest of your tests.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Snubligent said...

Ha! Thanks. It feels good to be done... The transfer thing is sweet. I spent one year "working" in law school and made up for a lifetime of mediocrity.

1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home