Tuesday, April 26, 2005

One down...

Today I know more about civil procedure than I ever will again. I just took the first final of the season. It was god-awful. Whoever thought up the concept of multiple choice questions on law school exams should be stabbed, set on fire, and thrown off a building. Seriously, we're taught to read ambiguity into everything, and then we get a paragraph long question with 5 possible "answers" that are each only a sentence long. Everyone knows in law school the answer to every question is "it depends," however the professors rarely allow you that option on a multiple choice test.

The essay part of the exam sucked as well. I finished with about 5 minutes to spare... awful. There was a monstrous personal jurisdiction question right in the middle of the test. It required the type of carefully planned out answer that a panicky first year law student is NOT going to be able to come up with under excruciating time constraints. Well, now that I've done my outline dump, I'm going to go study for Con Law, which happens to be on Friday... This semester is a nightmare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home