Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Amazing

I just had an IM conversation with a friend. He's one of those guys who always says exactly what he's thinking, and has a complete disregard for societal norms. He's sending an e-mail to a firm, in the hopes that someone at said firm will give him the e-mail address of a girl he saw at their softball game. Let's listen in:

Friend: Hi, this is Friend X of Firm Y (para legal for the summer and a rising 2L at Random Law School begining the fall). I have a...unique request, and I was hoping you would help me out. After our softball game last week, my firm was leaving when I saw a young woman from your team - somewhere in her 20's - whom I wanted to meet. Our teams don't play against one-another until later in June, but here's my request. Would it be possible if you give me her email address so I can contact her. Granted you aren't a dating service, but I still want to give this a shot.

The girl is Asian-American, very pretty, and seemed friendly when we made brief eye-contact several times. She also went to the same bar that I was at after the game, but there wasn't much of an opportunity for me to greet her, as she was constantly surrounded by your team.
Thank you for getting back to me. I hope I'm not imposing too much.

Take care,

Friend X

Snubligent: who are you sending that to?

Friend: law firm

Snubligent: i wholeheartedly support you doing this

Snubligent: in fact i think you should just randomly e-mail firms and ask them if they have any hot chicks working there

Friend: lol

Friend: fuck u

Snubligent: i'm just curious

Snubligent: do you actually not recognize that this is a bad idea or are you just fucking around?

Friend: no, i'm doing it

Snubligent: i don't believe you

Friend: i don't lie about girls

Snubligent: could you at least take the name of our school out of it so you don't make us all look bad?

Friend: too late

Friend: gotta meet her somehow

Friend: and to hell with pride

Snubligent: i can't possibly understand how you can think this is appropriate


Apparently my friend doesn't realize a) how creepy that is, or b) how easy it is to "forward an e-mail." I honestly think it's hilarious that he's doing it, because it's just so goddamned WRONG. I find it hilarious in the same way it's hilarious when people hurt themselves on Jackass.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is definitely going down on my list of guys not to date *lol* Let's hope a miracle stops him from actually clicking the "send" button.

12:09 AM  
Blogger Snubligent said...

The post really doesn't do his creepiness justice.

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home