Wednesday, June 01, 2005

MST3K

Mystery Science Theater 3000 was probably the single most underrated television show in history. I watched it all the time when I was 12. After reading Shell's post this afternoon about Batman, it made me want to watch MST3K again, and see if I still like it.

For those who don't know, Mystery Science Theater 3000 is basically a show where the characters sit there and make fun of really bad old movies. Movies such as "Laserblast" and "The Day the Earth Froze" you see the sillouhette of the characters as they talk over the movie. The comments are hilarious.

Thanks to the wonders of internet tv, I was able to watch it. It's still hilarious. Biting sarcasm never gets old.

All this makes me wonder why the show never caught on. It used to be on Comedy Central at Midnight. I may actually consider resubscribing to cable (or at least purchasing a TV) if they brought it back.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When was the show aired? I've never heard of it. Shows I remembered are Animaniac, Gargoyles, Batman, X-Men, Newton's Apple, and other shows I probably just can't remember at the moment.

2:00 AM  
Blogger Snubligent said...

It was on in early 90's on Comedy central (we're talking like, 92-95). It was an excellent show, they made a movie as well. The show was on in the most godawful timeslots imagineable. I think they moved it to the sci-fi channel... eventually.

4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home