Monday, July 11, 2005

And the Waiting, is the Hardest Part

Wow, I'm in Shell's world again, waiting on schools. Twiddling my thumbs... Going to see the girlfriend soon, sleeping until 2pm... Damn, aside from not knowing where I'm going to be next year, this has been a pretty good summer, I haven't been this lazy in July since high school.

In serious, non-lazy news though, I need new clothing. Badly. I'm one of those guys who doesn't purchase clothing easily. I have a set of things that I like to wear, and I don't deviate from this set. I wear my clothing until it is no longer functional, and then I attempt to find an exact replica at the mall.

See, I feel like I've gotten myself into a groove where I really like my clothes, and I don't want to change. History shows me that every time I try something new, I end up not wearing it. It's good in that it makes shopping easy for me. It's bad in that I still look like I stepped right out of 1998. I'm not kidding... I have a sweater from 1997 that I refuse to part with. It has holes, but damn is it comfortable.

I think I'll make my girlfriend take me shopping when I see her. She's the only one I care about impressing, I may as well let her put me in whatever she thinks looks good, cause God knows I'm an incompetent shopper.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol That's cute - you get sentimentally attached to your cloths.

I also have particular preferences (even though I have tons of cloths). That's why I usually buy 2 sets of the same style (in diff colors) so if one set falls apart, I still have another one to fall back on (I know, I'm really sick or suffer from OCD).

Do take your girlfriend shopping (or the other way around). She probably likes the idea of dressing you up. I get my sister to go shopping with me so she can pick out my cloths and all I have to do is swipe that card.

If I could I would have bought my clothing online (one click and be done with it), but it's too hard to pick-up my size online and I end up having to haul my lazy bottom to the stores.

Enjoy your trip (when are you leaving anyways)? Perhaps by the time you've returned you would have received several good news.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Snubligent said...

I leave on Tuesday... :) I have very limited shopping stamina as well. I don't trust purchasing clothes online because... well to be honest I don't know what in the hell my size(s) is/are.

Bah. I'm going to have to buy a new suit for this fall as well. That should be a complete exercise in idiocy. I may as well give the salesman my wallet and be like "here, give me back how much you think i should have."

5:00 AM  
Blogger CM said...

I wish I had a girlfriend who knew how to buy clothes.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home