Friday, July 08, 2005

YAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!

I'm going to visit my girlfriend. I just got train tickets. Camping will occur, and I'll get to spend an entire week with her... It will be "ever so much fun," as they say in childrens books. So I can't wait for that. Oh man! We'll get to go fishing as well. This is going to be fun :)

I found out Prof. X's letter didn't quite get to LSAC in time, and two schools requested reports with only two letters. I told Prof. X, and the letter was sent to the schools today. Prof. X then told me that s/he'd write a personal letter of recommendation for every firm I apply to. I *heart* Prof. X.

So I also have to decide whether or not to bid on firms. If I bid on firms for OCI, and then transfer, am I obligated to take the interview and come all the way back here to interview with them? Also... If I want to work in a particular region, should I even bid on firms here? See, I can probably get a job pretty easily where I'm at, so that would kind of be a safe bet. But it's not where I want to be. I feel like I should try here though, just in case my plan to transfer/get job elsewhere falls through. It would really suck to skip all the jobs I can get in this region, only to come up empty handed in another.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prof. X let you take the time off? That's pretty nice of him/her.

Enjoy your mini-vacation time with your gf.

3:02 AM  
Blogger Snubligent said...

Yeah, most research assistants pretty much write their own schedules. If you have the means (i.e. if you find a prof that you really like and who reciprocates) I highly recommend getting one of these jobs for your 1L summer. The pay isn't great ($9-$10 an hour), but it's excellent experience, incredibly laid back work environment (I have to meet with Prof. X once a week for about an hour, other than that, I do my work whenever/whereever I want), and the letters of recommendation you get out of them are HUGE. Prof. X is writing individualized letters to every firm I'm applying to... plus individualized letters to every school I'm applying to transfer too... Not to mention I've got a pretty cool mentor that I can come back to and ask questions at any point in my career. It's really a sweet gig all around.

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip!

So I take it that Prof. X isn't offended or upset that you're thinking about transferring?

2:42 PM  
Blogger Snubligent said...

I wasn't going to tell Prof. X, but after grades came out, Prof. X broached the topic and offered to write me many good letters of recommendation.

Some profs are dead set against transferring. I think most take a rational view of it, and understand that it can be the best thing for many students.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Dagny said...

Have fun Snubs!!!

5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home