Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Grocery Shoppin'

I went grocery shopping with a friend yesterday. Much like my predisposition for purchasing the same article of clothing, I buy the same food every time I go to the store. It makes sense... I found the combination of stuff that I can cook easily, that's cheap, and that is *relatively* healthy.

While were were there, we ran into two friends from school. We all gathered our carts together in the produce section, and since all three of my friends are weight obsessed women, they immediately started comparing foods.

Eventually they looked at my basket, and asked me "What I was planning to cook with that?" I showed them my unsalted black beans, Zatarain's spanish rice mix, and "no-salt added stewed tomatoes" and explained that it was a very easy to make, low-salt meal (for those of you who don't know, Zatarain's spanish rice is like the ONLY Zatarain's product that DOESN'T have 8000% of your recommended sodium in it).

Someone pointed to a can of beans and said "That has a dent in it!" and I said "Well, the ends aren't bulged out, so I don't think it's a problem." She then told us that any dent can introduce bacteria into the can.

Someone made a law joke.

Someone then said "My God we're boring people."

But I already knew this. I laughed and said "Yeah, we're boring people who will make a lot of money." And we all smiled, broke up, and went about our boring little lives.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see myself in this type of conversation in about..ehmm..couple months.

It wouldn't be too disturbing if I had anything to compare it with, but I don't.

So it'll be just like my daily life right now (except I'll learn law jokes).

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home