Monday, June 13, 2005

New Tag Line

I decided to change the text at the top. I didn't like the use of the word "rantings," I feel as though this word is overused in the blog world. "Musings" is another overused word. I don't like them because they may have been clever to use at one point, but now they're just so... blah. I can't explain. Certain things are like that. It's like on friendster/facebook profiles when you see someone who has "insert clever/witty statement here." That actually may have been really really cool the first time I saw it, now it makes me think the person is too insecure to trust themselves to come up with something clever. I know I'm not one to judge, after all, I did just remove "ranting" from my blog. I promise never, ever, ever to put something up like that again. If I can't think of what to write, I'll say so in the most direct way possible.

That being said, I'm now taking suggestions for a new header for my blog.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

with the widespread dissemination of blogs, it seems virtually impossible sometimes to think of anything that hasn't been said before.

look at my tag line for christ's sake, ha. i think i was like "god, this is SO cliche, maybe it's funny again." :)

and i agree with you on rantings/musings. i mean they're online diaries, what else would we be doing other than ranting and musing, right?

9:42 AM  
Blogger maisnon said...

I like the fact that it's current, i.e.referring to Wednesday as your "D-day." Maybe you can just change it up to meet what's going on in your life - like some kind of news ticker.

I used the "military alphabet" on mine - b/c I've always thought it was a little funny.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Snubligent said...

"Two timing the cosmos, WITH YOUR MOM"

That IS funny. Your mom jokes never went out of style to begin with, so there is no need for them to become "funny again."

This difference between "your mom" and "musings" or "ranting" is that the former smack of thesaurus use. Again, I used ranting in my tagline, so I'm not condemning anyone, I just decided it was less "honest" than something more original and descriptive.

Maisnon... I like that idea a lot. Stay tuned Wednesday, when this becomes the blog of triumph, sadness or "meh."

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home