Sunday, June 19, 2005

Transfer Applications

Man I forgot how damned annoying law school applications are. The applications themselves are actually really simple... it's all the extra crap they want you to send with it, and the specific info they want you to have. I may have to FedEx these too, because I'm cutting it pretty damn close to the deadlines at a lot of places.

Anyway... there is one school that I really want to get into that isn't necessarily a "top" school, but it's close to my family and friends, and though it is not in the top 20 on the US News rankings, it is in the market that I want to be in, and grads to very well for themselves there. They also managed to waitlist me twice despite the fact that I had (according to their website) decent numbers for them. I wonder if there's a vendetta against me, or if my personal statements have been more typo-riddled than this blog. Or maybe I just suck at presenting myself on paper. Whatever it is, I hope I get over it this time, because I'd almost prefer to go there if I can still swindle in-state tuition out of them. Oh man, living in the same city as my girlfriend AND cutting my tuition by 66%? Eh, I almost dare to dream it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe it all comes to that magical personal statement?

Check out the school reputations. Some are statistics-dependent, others focus on personal elements.

4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home