Wednesday, July 13, 2005

New Work Project

Prof. X gave me something to to work on today. It's a completely different subject, and I feel like an idiot again, trying to find, read, and absorb all the background material so the work I'm doing makes some kind of sense. It is a reminder of how little I actually know in the big scheme of things.

It feels kindof like the begining of second semester. By the end of first semester, I had a decent idea of what was going on (although crim law was a total mystery to me until about 36 hours before the exam when everything clicked), I knew I didn't know everything, but I knew enough to write an intelligible response to an exam question. Then came second semester... and I was a moron again, starting from scratch. It was really disconcerting, and in a way it made me feel dumber than I did when law school started, because at least at the begining you expected to be clueless.

Ok... back to my law review articles. If I can read these by 7:30, I will reward myself the best way I know how, with burritos.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did you get this job with the prof? Did you just ask? Or was it listed somewhere?

5:53 PM  
Blogger Snubligent said...

Profs at my school would post jobs on eattorney (your career services office will explain to you what this is... in excruciating detail... several times... over the course of next year). Some Profs sent out e-mails asking people to apply, most Profs go through the "official" eattorney route.

My particular prof let everyone know that s/he needed an RA, and I applied...

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see. :-) Thanks for explaining.

BTW - burritos? That's what it all came down to? Are you sure you're eating enough healthy stuff?

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home