Sunday, May 14, 2006

Radio Silence

Not a lot to report. I'm two thirds done with one of my outlines, which is good, because I have 2 weeks until finals. I have 110 pages of reading for my class on Monday, which is bad, because our "casebook" is a hornbook. A triple-digit reading assignment in a hornbook is just out of line.

There is no way I will be ready for class. This may actually be an interesting exercise in game theory:

He allows us to email him in advance if we don't want to be called on, and he's broken the class up into 3 panels, so 1/3 of the class is "on call" for Monday.

I'm betting that a lot of people will not be ready, and will email him.

This makes the odds of me getting called even higher.

This makes marginally prepared students (like myself) want to email him as well, which increases the chances of the remaining panel members getting called on....

The least prepared among them will have to reassess their position in light of the increased chance they'll be called on and may decide to email the professor as well...

And the Cascade effect continues until there's one gunner who's ready to roll on Monday.

God I'm tired.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

Sorry Snubs! Good luck with finals! When do you start your summer clerkship?

11:29 AM  
Blogger Snubligent said...

June 5th! I'm starting late, but it's worth it. Most of my classmates are taking early finals, it was totally worth it to me to have the extra week of studying :)

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home