Friday, July 15, 2005

I'm watching: but so are they.

Oh man, this means I'm going to have to get a TV and cable. First new show that seems remotely interesting since 2002.

You know what scares me about the British bombing thing? The cops over there were able to piece together the bomber's movements using those Closed Circuit Television cameras that they've plastered all over the damn country. I can't wait until people realize this and start screaming for the government to "make us safer" by "watching every citizen constantly." I'll happily take my chances with the terrorists. Thanks but no thanks Big Brother.

And yes, I realize the irony of me praising a voyeuristic reality tv show right before condemning the government's use of cameras to watch people go about their daily lives.

2 Comments:

Blogger shell said...

But reality shows has the additional element of being a bit fictional.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Dagny said...

I agree that the idea of the government watching our every move is a bit scary. I am not in to the whole police state idea. The terrorists really win if we lose our freedom.

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home