Sunday, July 17, 2005

Man I'm BUSY this weekend.

An old friend of mine was in town last night and tonight. I knew this guy in middle school, and when we were 16, he moved way far away (ironically... to the very same city I currently live in). We kept in touch, saw each other during the summers, etc. Then he moved to Chicago, and he JUST left Chicago three months ago... now that I'M getting ready to move there... Horrible timing.

Anyway, he still has friends in this city, and he came up to visit all of us, which is great, because I finally got to meet all of his high school and college friends that he always talked about. He's also getting married at the end of the summer. I'm the best man... which I think is pretty cool, I've never been one before, and I'm kind of honored that he picked me, despite the fact that we haven't lived in the same city for over 9 years (since we were 16 years old). I have so much history with this guy it's ridiculous. If you ask me "describe the first time you ___" odds are, I will tell you a story involving the two of us.

Seeing an old friend, plus getting admitted to an awesome law school, all in one weekend... is... almost too much to bear. I think I need to take a nap.

4 Comments:

Blogger shell said...

Looks like everything is coming together wonderfully for you. :D
What a summer! (And it's only half-way through). I wonder what other surprises will come?

P.S. I finished writing about the pork & cheese sandwich story. Just posted it.

2:39 AM  
Blogger Snubligent said...

SWEET! I will be reading it shortly...

I hope more good things happen... Basically another acceptance letter and I'll be sitting on the best summer ever.

3:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe..too bad you're coming into town after I'm leaving for my new school. Else there's a slim possibility that I can make you that pork & cheese sandwich.

But now you have the ingredients, you can probably make it on your own (with vegetarian substitute). I don't know..throw some spinish or something.

4:25 AM  
Blogger W said...

Congratulations!

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home